gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48439 Posts in 2466 Topics by 3829 Members - Latest Member: Baulthral April 29, 2017, 03:18:35 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  My Death korp Grenadier Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Death korp Grenadier Build  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
My Death korp Grenadier Build
« on: September 24, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
well..... hello all i haven't really created anything costume wise in my life but since i had to give up my sport car hobby due to costs and it being a black hole with money my ocd needed to have something to fill in its place and so even though i dont play warhammer 40k i love the books,fluff history,and byjoy! the artwork is just mouth watering.

i adopted the death korps of krieg as my regiment to be in due to their world war 1 style layout and their background history plus my soft point for anything world war 1,2 era look.

i well since looking back at may and seeing in my mind how my mark 1 suit  looked  very novice i decided to revamp the whole image and to get it as close to cannon as possible to the best of my abilities while upping my skill so without me blabbering on any further here is my mark two build wip pics from about week ago:

my power pack it still needing weathering and fake dirt added on same goes for the front armor as well

]

At the moment im rebuilding this  leg armor if time permits

and ive made some hand out leaflets to enlist more cannon fodder for the imperium :D

and this is what i want to replace my reproduction m35 german helmet with do to needing it to be more to the artwork as i can only do so much to this helmet got it printed off on gsm 300 card but havent as of yet put it together but here it is:

and as are UK warhammer group needs a flag for meets at cons ive been given a flag design and one found on the net to use:

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: My Death korp Grenadier Build
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
all my progress ive done on sunday gun now is at 1.1 meters long with new rear stock alot of gear thats been reheated to fit me better and less movement and the stages i have to go through to get everything on have been made easier, leg armor thats in progress for dont think be ready for warfest i would be dreaming if it gets done but if not not going to cry over it, front armour now mounts correctly and lined up with back.
gloves still need getting with regiment No. to be sprayed on and my helmet with front plate is bugging me just looks too big yet its correct

Offline Hellwolve

• Inquisitor Deorad, Sword of the Ordo Hereticus.
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • http://hellwolve.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:38 PM »
That looks rather superb :) Well done!
"...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone"

Offline KnoxyMcKnox

• Scout
  • :
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 07:01:43 AM »
Looking good mate. ;)
"Monitor. Everything."
My Crimson Fist Space Marine build: http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1931.0
My Facebook cosplay page: https://www.facebook.com/DasHHat
My deviantArt: http://knoxymcknox.deviantart.com/

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
  • 153 Cadian Regiment Desert Devils
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »
Did you scratch build your templates or did you get them from somewhere around here? They look great! Body armor looks spot on from my seat brother.

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
everything was scratch build i only had ref art and model blown up pictures of thier equipment they had on

here was a uptodate test run in my gear with mr knoxy in his space marine at warhammer fest and i found alot of faults which to some think are minor and unseeable yet i just sense it and needs to be adjusted

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »
Still looks great to me! I guess I'm using YOUR build as a reference for MY build then! I'm looking at a more khaki/tan color scheme though.

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
i already have changed my greatcoat to a nice dark grey one with also the bottom of this great coat is alot lower down past the knee cap just airing the hell out of it due to it having a heavy amount of mothballs too it

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
I think I'm going to use a modded Russian M40 Helmet and claim it as an early model or heirloom helmet. I like the look better and the info I've read allows for some variation on the helmet. Plus I scored a Russian Navy greatcoat in black so I may as well continue with the Russian "tint".

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the mask?

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
might be a bit loud and very much heresy in the making buttttttttt i modded my power pack to a boom box for 40k themed songs
 and comedy ones for are space marine knoxy when are group is to be deep striking birmingham comic con in few weeks time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULxHWzW_y0

and for how small they are with even just one are very loud and last to 6 hours and very high quality sound output aswell

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
oh! just forgot heres my death korp with a few new adds when i went to london comic con i still feel the helmet needs some more work and the power pack looks oddly positioned or them side bits just look right with the rest of the gear i dunno yet any constructive criticism   very welcomed!!!! :D

just a shame both mine and knoxs voice changer chargers broke and couldnt charge either of them for the event

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »
well a little bit of a update as i have decided to replace my bough ww2 m35 helmet and make one completely out of foam so  with further rambling here are some pics of the build so far

i think i might start over i dunno just something feels off but will atleast give it a sand down and see how it comes out after cover layer sets

Offline Jammy_Machiko

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »
this hasnt been updated for a while so heres my forever ongoing death korp

and this was when i finally finished that foam helmet for my Death Korp

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 04:04:07 AM »
hopefully I'll see you in Nottingham in a fortnight

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  My Death korp Grenadier Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx