gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49142 Posts in 2541 Topics by 4955 Members - Latest Member: ElsricklE April 24, 2019, 12:34:43 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother B'rel Knight of the Blood Ravens
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brother B'rel Knight of the Blood Ravens  (Read 11169 times)

Offline Terranova

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Brother B'rel Knight of the Blood Ravens
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:42 AM »
Quite possibly the most ingenious stilts I have ever seen.  Simple and effective.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »
Thanks I tried to make them simple yet supportive and easy to put on. Only down side so far is sometimes they turn inward but I think it's cuz the foam isn't level the gorillia glue I used have them a 3 degree tilt. I plan to shave them down or build them up to level, but want to see how the whole suit looks to see if I should go down or up in size. I need to post the boots later tonight.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:04:16 AM by B'rel_Knight »

Offline Terranova

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
How tall are you with them on?  (your height + height of stilts... no need to try and measure the two together.   ::)

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »
About 7 feet, if I do a helmet a little taller.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »
Sorry I have not posted more pictures I've been spending all my free time trying to figure out the internal supports my first two ideas for the knee joint didn't work so I'm trying a new way I want to hide the metal straps behind the air duct.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:05:17 PM by B'rel_Knight »

Offline cilegray

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
My knee joints are 100% hidden; and are documented in my build thread... if you don't want to have to figure something out on your own.

On the final version the bracket has been unscrewed and rescrewed from inside the ducting.

edit : okay my pictures might not be as clear as I thought but it's enough to get you started on a plan http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1881.msg42376#msg42376

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
Yeah I've looked at yours before it's pretty good. I lack the metal or metal cuttin tools at the moment. I tryed foam blocks but they angled the supports I do have wrong. I'm using metal rules from target they where cheep on sale and already had a hole drilled on one end. What I currently trying is a plastic frame that the rulers are glued to. And the foam leg just sits on it. Need to finish it tonight and try it on my right leg before I duplicate it for my left. Got a month left to comic con.

Offline cilegray

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
The aluminium bar was bought at a local hardware store for like 12-15$ for a 6 foot lenght. It's cut with a hand-saw, which is probably another 10-15$.

I managed to make all the bends for the whole suit with just the corner of a workbench and a bit of elbow grease.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »
I can only find galvanized steel at the Home Depot here in NYC. But I like my plastic frame so far it gives the whole leg some more structure and let me have a 90 degree joints I'll need to finish the left one and give it a walking test once i connect them to my waist and shoulder harness thing.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
Knee joints came out fine the plastic piping does push  our the foam alittle in a few spots but I don't think it will be noticeable when everything is painted. Now I'm trying to figure out the waist to thigh connected most people just use straps to a waist belt in the groin, connected to some kinda shoulder harness.

Offline Mithosphere

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
    • Mithosphere's Instruments
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »
Why not use something similar to chaps?

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »
Maybe. Anyway I wish I could post pictures at work show my progress, arms are done an ready to be painted, legs are done including knee joints. Boots are almost done need to decide on final height before I glue the the platform down and put the PVC pipe for the stand inside, Luckly I thought ahead and have a anchor for it already installed glued and screwed into the wood base. Shoulders just need more rounding  add chapter badge, and to figure how to mount them to the chest. Back pack just needs to have the top round jets added and mounted to the Back. Chest needs to be fitted sanded and add the Aquila, anyone already have a scaled template for that? Using the same scale of pilerud's files.  Also going to do one last order from amazon for the electronic packages. Got the gospels for the ruse and some fans and ordering a recharable battery that should power the fans for 8 hours. But what kind of PA system and listening system do you all put in the helmet and chest? Bolt pistol needs a handle and to be closed.  Only parts not tarted is chain sword and the helmet. I might skip the helmet and just do a cyber eye depends on my time left have about 28 days left with 8 full days off before the con so I think I'm good baring any major set backs.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
Also need to gusso and the paint the whole thing.

Offline cilegray

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
28 days might seem like alot, but I would be starting to work thru the clock if I were you hehe.

Offline B'rel_Knight

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
I know that's why when I'm home I don't come on the boards I spend it all my time workin on it.  When I'm done I'll post the rest of the pics.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:27:07 PM by B'rel_Knight »

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother B'rel Knight of the Blood Ravens

gfxgfx
gfx gfx