gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48492 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3774 Members - Latest Member: TruckerGeek March 26, 2017, 10:46:49 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Sister of Battle Project getting going
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sister of Battle Project getting going  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Sister of Battle Project getting going
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
Looking great so far. Are you working from pep files or scratch built? If so did you get the files here on the OC forums? I'm asking because starting in September my wife and I are starting a SoB for her very own to accompany my Space Wolf.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
Working so far from scratch. Taking knowledge learned from SCA Armor making, Casting and other costuming I have done over the years. this is truly being a test of my skills as I have almost always worked from some basic patterns.
Ragresen

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
just a bit more progress.

Ragresen

Offline Maagaa88

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
looks good !
how tall are you?

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:39 AM »
I am a bit tall. about 5'11". Keeping the heels lower on it for a more military look and to add as little height to me as possible.
Ragresen

Offline Maagaa88

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
I would vote for the exaggerated Warhammer look high shoes.
The men are exaggerated masculine why should not women then be exaggerated feminine? Size is just awesome, a marines measures at least 250 cm ...
but it's just my opinion.

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:23 PM »
so between a lot of work in my way I have made some progress on the Armor. I have my grieve template done, got most of the shoes done, but I have the Gauntlets started and my second attempt to work on a chest plate. Also in the pictures is the neck piece I am also working on. things are coming along nicely, but I must admit there is a good bit of Trial and Error as Until this project I have never worked with Eva foam. I am used to using Weldwood though.

The Neck piece and the Gauntlets

The start of the breastplate.

also I have sourced the bodysuit I plan to use, but that will get shown much later on once I start showing the Armor as it gets assembled on me.

Ragresen

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »
I think it's coming along nicely. I'm keeping an eye on your build because in a few shorts months I need to start one for my wife. Looks great keep it up.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:41 PM »
Lupus: thank you for the feedback. I am trying to keep postings and pictures as I do things so that people can see how and why I do what I am for this build. the idea is to help others in the future.
Ragresen

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Well I'm sure many of us appreciate you documenting your build seeing as there is a lack of SoB templates and what not out there. Keep up the great work

Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 06:11:43 AM »
Sorry this has been quiet on my end here. Work has gotten really busy and in my way and I am also struggling with figuring out how I need to do the next things for the Costume. do not worry I will be updating it hopefully in the next 3 weeks atleast.
Ragresen

Offline larkin

• Honor Guard
  • :
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »
if it Helps you . i have made the cups for my wife with a half plastikball and a heatgun
koerbchen by mad man2012, on Flickr
brustplatte by mad man2012, on Flickr

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 06:04:36 PM »
LarKin: thanks for sharing. My issues are more on how to attach the cups and do the basic chest area in the way to achieve the look I am after. I have the breast cups how I want them.
Ragresen

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »
Sorry this project is on hold as I am having to rethink pieces that just not turning out right. When I get more done I will post.
Ragresen

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »
So just looking over the site has kicked me into gear. a little Progress is made.

Ragresen

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Sister of Battle Project getting going

gfxgfx
gfx gfx