gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49229 Posts in 2550 Topics by 5240 Members - Latest Member: DreadAgent September 22, 2019, 09:03:06 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Greetings
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Inquistor

• Initiate
  • :
Greetings
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Name: John
Alternate handles: N/A
Other boards: N/A
Army: Inquisitorial Army (SOB, IG, SM)
Costumes: Inquisitor, SOB (in production) SM (in production)
Outside Interests: Reading, warhammer 40K gaming, WoW) W40K Lore

Greetings All.  I saw this group after chasing down Kommisar.  No I am not a stalker, but a true fan of your SOB kit you made.  It truly inspired me at a time when I truly needed it.  In the past I built numerous star wars props but that died off after returning from Iraq.  I recently moved into a new home and I am setting up my workshop to start fabricating SM and SOB armour out of ABS.  Like I said, I was truly inspired by Kommisar, and to him I am greatful.

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:08:00 AM »
well thank for such a great compliment and welcome to the crusade [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />
what's your first project?

Offline Inquistor

• Initiate
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:57:00 AM »
Kommisar,
I am currently in the planning phase, but I am going to start work soon on a SOB kit.  I am probably going to use ABS to give the appearance of ceramite.  I am going to use a pair of airsoft weapons to make the bolt pistols.  Since this is for my wife, I think she wants a seraphim set.  I will be making casts then vacuum forming the parts.  I will probably trim the armour out with brass.  Many ideas, and they keep coming.

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:31:00 AM »
sounds like your on to a great start!
i'm looking forward to when i can use those kinds of construction methods on my own projects.

Offline Inquistor

• Initiate
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Kommissar,
Working with ABS is not as hard as it seems.  The worst part actually is the molds, as those require a bit of time to make and sculpt.  But having seen what you have done I don't think you would have an issue.  Other than the molds its simple.  Place your mold on the vacuum table and place the heated ABS over the mold and whoosh....instant armour.  Well not quite that easy, but pretty much.  If you need help let me know.

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
will do! [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />
i tend to use expanded PVC, but once i can get a few better cutting power tools and a vacuform, i will have to investigate.

Offline Shadowseer

• Initiate
  • :
Greetings
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
oops i posted in the wrong place

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Greetings

gfxgfx
gfx gfx