gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49162 Posts in 2545 Topics by 5130 Members - Latest Member: PouffyTerror149 July 22, 2019, 08:26:22 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Battle Sister Knee/Shin Armor Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Battle Sister Knee/Shin Armor Question  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Momma Bear Trooper

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Battle Sister Knee/Shin Armor Question
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »
Hello,

I have started my first Battle Sister armor. My original plan was to have the shin and knee armor as one piece but it was suggested to me that they have to be two pieces.

Do they have to be two peices or can I stick with my original plan of have one piece..a shinknee if you will.

Thanks for your answers on this.

I am very excited about creating this armor!

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Battle Sister Knee/Shin Armor Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
I know that folks doing armour tend to start off as two pieces in allot of cases. I have the knee and shin as two pieces too, but I am already considering making them attaching them after they are cast. The other option is to figure out a way to get them rigged together so that they stay in position and still manage to work together which is actually more complicated than it sounds.
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:36:30 AM »
It's entirely up to you.  For SCA fighting purposes, the knee is usually attached (via strapping) to the cuisse (thigh armor).  However, since 40K armor isn't designed for actual hand to hand combat :) there is no reason you can't have the cop (knee armor) attached permanently to the greave (shine armor).

It's a costume based on a game that uses miniatures designed by people who have never worn armor, much less walked around in it.

You do what works best for you.   8)

Offline Amish Trooper

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:46:27 AM »
Didn't Finnlock attach a skull jello-mold to the shin of his woman's shin armor?

Offline Lord Abaddon

• Marine
  • :
  • There is no order, only CHAOS!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
It's entirely up to you.  For SCA fighting purposes, the knee is usually attached (via strapping) to the cuisse (thigh armor).  However, since 40K armor isn't designed for actual hand to hand combat :) there is no reason you can't have the cop (knee armor) attached permanently to the greave (shine armor).

It's a costume based on a game that uses miniatures designed by people who have never worn armor, much less walked around in it.

You do what works best for you.   8)

Knee armour is actually called  Poleyn, but that is semantics.

Most poleyns started out as single pieces, during the transition from chain to plate armour, but later they became part of the greaves (full lower leg armour) or Schynbald (front of shin only armour) or the Cuisse. So you could have it either way, but innovation saw the shin and knee coverings become one. I don't see why that would just stop.

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

Offline Momma Bear Trooper

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »
Thank you everyone for the replys. They were al helpful and I shall continue with my greaves.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Battle Sister Knee/Shin Armor Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx