gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48642 Posts in 2491 Topics by 4150 Members - Latest Member: undertaker karl November 25, 2017, 12:27:49 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  "Other" costumes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "Other" costumes  (Read 25004 times)

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
So when you guys are not devout to the emperor, making costumes for his cause,
what else do you costume as? and what series/setting/ect are you interested in trying in the future?

Offline wookieegunner

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Steampunk, Star Wars, Full Metal Alchemist, and Mad Eye Moody are my most recent ones.  I generally make at least one new outfit for Dragoncon and then upgrade it the next couple of years and then retire it.  

For the short term future I've got redoing my personal steampunk outfit, making one or two 40K outfits, finishing my Tarfful, Sallah from Indy and the Last Crusade, a Death Marshall from the game Malifuax, and a Spanish American War officer's uniform for a group steampunk costume.

Offline Cptn. Palladorus

• Honor Guard
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:25:00 AM »
I don't really do other costuming.  I've never really been nerdy enough about anything apart from 40k.  I just go all-out for Halloween.

The only costume I've got pics of online unfortunately is the big game hunter from last year.  Everything there apart from the pith helmet and toy gun came directly from my closet.

I was thinking about being a grammar nazi this year but I'll be working for my school's housing department and they might not appreciate that so I may wear my NKVD jacket as part of an actual NKVD costume before I start modding it into a Mordian tunic.

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
Jet Black, Cowboy BeBop

Yucatan Inglasias, Eureka 7

[

Offline Seraphim

• Administrator
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • http://www.vividwings.deviantart.com
"Other" costumes
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
Fantasy LARP (Alliance specifically) and SCA costumes for me. It's a nice change from the structure and armor of 40K to do a nice long medieval gown or a colorful and embroidered gypsy outfit.

Offline MalleusIST

• Radical Inquisitor and overall naughty one at that.
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#!/profile.php?id=1000007
"Other" costumes
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
Nero, I get to play a elf with horns, and the occasional larp me and my friends have.

Other costumes I've made have been a personal character for firefly, and a piece together outfit of my friend's Red Dwarf crew.

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
Haven't been into costuming for very long. Made a suit of Mandalorian battle armor last year - my first costume. Starving college student income doesn't allow for many costumes =P Also Hawaii (my island in particular) has very little going on con or prop building wise.

Offline Anggul

• Exarch
  • Marine
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Well all of my costumes would be this, seeing as I am not devout to that weakling seer you call Emperor, Mon-Keigh. ;D

But as for non-40k costumes:

Kratos Aurion - Tales of Symphonia

This one needs a little bit added to it, but it's pretty much all there, and is one of my favourites. Not because it's the most impressive or anything, either Cloud or my Dire Avenger probably hold that title, but because I really like him and it's one of my first.

Cloud Strife - Who the hell doesn't know where from?

Yes the trousers went a bit wrong in this shot XD
This is /NOT/ the silly one from the silly film which everyone knows, this is the original, from the game, the far cooler guy before they made him pointlessly emo for no good reason. =D

Mukuro Rokudo - Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
    My friend Rich to the left as Hibari
This guy would fit right in in 40k, he's a uniformed, trident wielding evil illusionist, who claims to have passed through each of the six sections of hell and gained abilities because of it, resurrecting each time. The story has yet to reveal how true this claim is, but he's damn awesome and I love him so much I just had to cosplay him!

I'm going to start on a couple of things soon: Scizor (Yes, the poke'mon, so shoot me XD) and a suit of Roman armour, for multiple purposes like cosplaying Rome from Hetalia and possibly even Rory from the latest Doctor Who! =P

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
Wow, hey Jet have you considered doing the bionic arm version of jet? you look the spitting image of him!

just got it finished for a con hes heading out too, tomorrow!

Offline toydivision

• BLAM
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »

Chun li!

Offline Tango89er

• ForgeMaster
  • Honor Guard
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Devil May Cry 4 Dante

Rufus Shinra

Other costumes that I have are Inu Yasha, Sesshomaru, Ezio Auditore and Ragna the Bloodedge. Probably got more lying around somewhere that I can't find or remember

Edit: Also forgot my Pirate Goth gear, but I wear it so often it's like normal clothing to me

Could also be Inquisitor or Rogue Trader gear with a few additions. The buttons already have eagles on them  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:58:00 PM by Tango89er »

Offline Captain Thomas

• Yarr?
  • Marine
  • :
    • http://captainthomas.deviantart.com
"Other" costumes
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
I don't have any costumes of specific characters, but I do have a rather nice pirate costume right here...
I still need a pair of boots and a cutlass for it though.

I also have a bunch of different clothes and equipment that can make various larp costumes, but I don't have any pics of those yet...

Offline toydivision

• BLAM
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »

what I did with the leftovers from my commissar

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
/nerdswoon for Toydivision.

My, Earth really is full of things!

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
"Other" costumes
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Kommissar,Jun 30 2010, 10:15 AM
Wow, hey Jet have you considered doing the bionic arm version of jet? you look the spitting image of him! [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Thanks... I have thought about doing the arm but its probably out of my skill set  to build !

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  "Other" costumes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx