gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48536 Posts in 2480 Topics by 3981 Members - Latest Member: Mr_TopHatPenguin July 24, 2017, 02:42:03 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Inquisitorial band, the begining
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Inquisitorial band, the begining  (Read 10391 times)

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
Inquisitorial band, the begining
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »
Well, after Sister and Rogue Trader we decided that whole RPG band would be a hit for a next year... So project is:
Sister - 95% finished, needs minor details and cloths parts rework, plus some repairs

Rogue Trader - ~75% finished, needs new weapons (nerf guns look like cheap plastic crap no matter how you try to mod them), details, few cloths additions, and some repairs.

Inquisitorial Stormtrooper (Macabrean Jannisar) - need complete work, guess that mask will be hard part.

Guard's officer - some work done, including acquiring really badass longcoat. :) Needs weapons (nice autopistol), Bling of War and other small details.

Psyker - clothing not a problem, needs some augmentin work props, staff and weapon.

Adeptus Arbites - complete work ahead, including shoulder mount for bolt pistol.

So, lets start with Rogue Trader weapons, really fancy Laspistol (complete, but still needs name etched on the copper backstrap). Based on combination of Bergmann model 1896 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergmann_1896 ), dueling pistol and standard laspistol design:
Spider is a sign of Rogue Trader house (Harlock, if anyone played Harlock's Legacy DH campaign). It will have a gem on it, but it will be fixed when painting is done.

Her backup weapon, derringer type, based on Remington 95 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_95 ). Cup with a scull is due the symbol of Ordo Calixis.

It is tiny, barely 10cm long:

And a very early WIP of weapon for stormtrooper, based on LeMat revolver ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver ). As is it's inspiration, it is a monster, barrel is 18cm long and whole gun is ~30cm long, which can be seen compared to Rogue Trader weapons:

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Inquisitorial band, the begining
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
Nice work, I like the las-lock but I'm not sold on the derringer tho it simply looks like a derringer and not something out of the 40kvirse.
and interested to see what more you do to the gaurds weapon.

keep it up!

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 05:47:18 AM »
Finlock, that was my initial problem with it and I considered reworking it, but a friend fell in love with it immediately, and when girls like something "Thou shalt not criticise". So I justified it as a cheap underhive gun that was dear to a scum (later rogue trader) getting pimped more and more... :D

I still can not decide between revolver central barrel being standard shotgun (as described by Abnett in Pariah and historical LeMat) or maybe one-shot Inferno pistol/flamer/plasma combi-weapon...

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »
maybe one-shot Inferno pistol/flamer/plasma combi-weapon...

this. if you are going with smaller weapons for everyone else, you are going to need a "heavy" weapons guy (or gal) to offset the group.

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »
Well other option for Officer guardsman are two plasma pistols... :) But plasma pistols scare me, they have, gasp, parts that are not square... So not 40k. :P

Revolver is for Macabrean Jannisar. Might also make a chainsword for him.

Arbiter will have a shotgun also, if we don't run out of time. Basic stockless pump-action design should be fairly easy to do.

Sister might get mace, but that is a long term project so far.

Psyker needs handcannon, but I am puzzled on how it could look, I really disliked those few illustrations that are available. I was thinking about something inspired by look of Gabbet-Fairfax Mars pistol ( http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/450MarsLong3.jpg ), since it looks arcane enough to fit 40k universe.

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
Progress with large revolver. Lower barrel will be shotgun definitely, a friend really liked a description from Pariah... Simplifies a work somewhat.
Generally I made it look like S&W 19th century breakdown revolvers, but with modern features like ventilated barrel rib and fluorescent front sight. Trigger guard was a total PITA to make.

Fake shotgun shells by it, I did not have any empty 20g Shotshells so had to improvise.
Rear sight was part of some machinery that I cut up. Left grip is cut for a thumb relief. For some reason gun looks crooked on the pic even if it is not... :o

Top and bottom view:

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »
Progress...
Holster for laspistol, there will be mechanical spider done on the middle:

Revolver progress:

So much work, so little time... :(

I was thinking about psyker staff a bit, maybe something like on this mini?

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:15:26 PM »
Nice work on the pistols so far.  They are very well done.

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »
Still alive just did not work on anything over holidays.
Anyway, MUST get one of those... :)

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:37 PM »
And after a long hiatus back to work... :)
First thing, I finally finished revolver, now officially named "Lammark Combination Thousander" as in Dan Abnett's "Pariah". Word of advice, stick to auto/laspistols as revolvers are major PITA to make...

Then finished holster for archeotech laspistol... Now it has nice fancy spider on it...

Then reworked skull on rosette (old one quite lacked details):

No rogue trader is ever without his or her amasek, so here is a small bottle for one with stopper being blessed bullet casing... It lacks details still, like markings on bottle and small purity seal on bullet casing...

Then rogue trader's book/bag got repaired... Still need to fix paint on chaos star, but it is almost done.

Beginning of a ceremonial mace for sister - 4 flanges will be flour de lys, while 4 smaller will be inquisitorial =I=.

And finally, beginning of autopistol for a guardsman. Based on this Soviet experimental gun that looks like something made in underhive... Grip/mag will be wrapped with prayer cloth.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ao_46-tfb.jpg

More pics here: http://miniaturesandcostumes.tumblr.com/

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
More work :)

Added small wings with scull on bottle holder:

Finished Sister's ceremonial mace:

Finished autopistol (grip will be wrapped in cloth with prayers):

Hey, it's a shotgun start...

Now we must start painting at least some of those buggers...

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »
Love love love the mace.

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
Feel free to use design as you see fit. :)
There will be possibly another* in works where folded Aquilla wings are large flanges and small ones are =I= as on this one.
*While I avoid making any kind of duplicates, mace is much easier for me to make then sword, so...

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
Only remotely connected to this, but 40k inspired so here it is - birthday gift cigarette case for a friend (she cosplayed SoB)...
Made of thin aluminum, covered with wood then covered in bluish leather imitation (fits with her SoB armor), aquila and details are made from 0.8mm copper. about 100x110mm.
Still need to finish  insides (line it with purple velvet). 8 magnets  hold it closed very securely, and there are small brass hinges on the back.

Offline BojanK

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »
More... Lammark Combination Thousander, compared to airsoft 1911 clone (that is not a small pistol BTW):

http://miniaturesandcostumes.tumblr.com/

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Inquisitorial band, the begining

gfxgfx
gfx gfx