gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49162 Posts in 2545 Topics by 5116 Members - Latest Member: hh04uk July 17, 2019, 11:16:13 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  ++[Sgt Hergard 5th Company, 1st Squad, Blood Ravens]++
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ++[Sgt Hergard 5th Company, 1st Squad, Blood Ravens]++  (Read 30079 times)

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
Re: ++[Sgt Hergard 5th Company, 1st Squad, Blood Ravens]++
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2015, 06:22:31 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of a bolter but for now I'll be sticking with the bolt pistol and chainsword option, there have been plans for possibly a flamer too. My chainsword is almost completed, just waiting for some more materials to finish it up so I've been remaking my bolt pistol as i wasn't happy with the original one

The new one is a lot cleaner and better built, a bit of a testament to how my skills have improved during the build i guess, Now I have some decent astartes sized weapons  8)

here is the new and improved chest and shoulder mount, now the shoulders are supported seperately and it has taken some of the stress off the chest, some tweaks and adjustments are needed but overall it seems to work really well

not really the best quality photo but it shows the castor with the wheel removed and the hardwood peg fixed into the underside of the shoulder

and here is the chest and shoulders as a whole, It's given me a 4-5 inch lift in the shoulders as well as a lot more mobility, I need to also add padding to the inside of the shoulder to made them sit straight against my biceps. The only thing i have had a problem with is the geometry of the arms, with things being moved and raised, I'm going to have to modify the arm holes in the chest to give me a bit more movement range, hopefully i should be able to touch my hands together in front of me
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
prev - you were asking about the chainsword, It's nearly complete, I just need to add some small details I've overlooked but the chainsword itself is ready for sealing and paint

It stands at around 4ft in length and I'm guessing it weighs around 1 kg, I'll have to weigh and measure for exact details but I can't for the life of me find my tape measure

I have a rough cast of my master purity seal too, It was a pain in the arse trying to cast with plasticine but after a few attempts I'm happy with the end result. This master will be used to create a silicone mould from which i can cast up some more seals.

Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2015, 06:20:57 PM »
Looks like the journey of this suit is almost over. Awesome dude.

Chainsword looks really good - do you plan on putting a hand guard on it, or leave it as is?

Here are some different designs, in case you do decide to put a guard on:

No doubt, there are many more variations...

In the end, it's your weapon, and your choice. Carry on.

Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
Those are beautiful purity seals. The detail work is inspiring. Very good work.
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  ++[Sgt Hergard 5th Company, 1st Squad, Blood Ravens]++

gfxgfx
gfx gfx