gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49152 Posts in 2543 Topics by 5036 Members - Latest Member: snorvargen May 22, 2019, 01:21:11 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  13 week challenge
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 13 week challenge  (Read 981 times)

Offline El Dief

• Initiate
  • :
13 week challenge
« on: August 19, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
So after a few months of lurking I've realized that I had only 13 weeks until my local con, and figured I should probably get started on my first build.
Decided to go with foam, mainly due to time constraints, and was fortunate enough that Hausenbrau gave me a copy of his patterns.
My plan of attack is thus,
    1.Build basic main components
    2.Rig and fit suit
    3.Add detail work
    4.Paint
    5.Accessorize[/li]
At the end of my first week of building, this is where I sit.

So far it's all been proceeding quite well. Some of the seams are a bit sloppy but I should be able to cover them up.
I also have a feeling I've somehow accidentally scaled down Hausenbrau's templates, as it just doesn't seem to have the same feeling of hugeness that came across in his build.
The rainbow chapter colour scheme is by choice, sort of. I could have gone all black but the light colours make it easier to cut out the pieces.

Offline larkin

• Honor Guard
  • :
13 week challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
good starting [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Ronan

• Marine
  • :
13 week challenge
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Some of the pieces like boots & shoulders do look a bit smaller.  But Its a great start

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • White Scars Primaris Lieutenant
13 week challenge
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Some of the pieces like boots & shoulders do look a bit smaller. But Its a great start

Agree with Ronan...using the kitchen counter as size reference...it's either too low or yes, your scale is smaller than Hasenbrau's suit.

Your build is clean and that green foam is pretty light on the eyes  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />
"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'
All emperors are liars." - Jaghatai Khan

Offline El Dief

• Initiate
  • :
13 week challenge
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
Had a light bulb moment today while thinking about how I was going to do the rigging.
Using four lengths of poly pipe, a hole saw and my mountain of offcuts,

I made some flanged plugs to go into the ends of the pipes,

Added some guides to the bottoms of the greaves,

And now the greaves just slide down onto the boots and able to pivot when I walk.

Need to trim off the inside pipe and glue some more offcuts around them for extra support, and I'm ready to add lifts and straps for my feet.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  13 week challenge

gfxgfx
gfx gfx