gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49347 Posts in 2560 Topics by 5367 Members - Latest Member: solidbridge37 December 05, 2019, 11:07:45 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Space Wolf named StormClad  (Read 17201 times)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • White Scars Primaris Lieutenant
Re: A Space Wolf named StormClad
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 07:31:27 AM »
Current state so far.  Still tinkering with the size of wolf fur skirts and what color I can use as dye on their edges... Any suggestions?

"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'
All emperors are liars." - Jaghatai Khan

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 03:38:08 AM »
Stellar work fellow wolf brother. The suit is coming along great!!
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 10:10:55 PM »
Thank you, brother...wish we could all meet up and form a pack someday (tho yeah congrats because you already have a pack!)
"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 12:17:59 AM »
Just a few suggestions good sir. I'm loving the progress on this.

I think that the fur on the rear should be over the ass plates, not under.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

The only references that I could find quickly were from the THQ Space Marine game.

And I feel that your cape should either be bigger, or hang over your backpack, otherwise you might lose the effect once the backpack is on?

Maybe track down some fake wolf fur (the black, grey and white mottled shit), and use that instead, if you can't figure out how to add colour to areas on your existing fur?

Just suggestions, put the combat blade away...
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 12:35:11 AM »
*Turns off power axe*
seriously, brother, your comments are very much appreciated. Today, I'm using dark dye on the fur since I've already looked for and found nothing on gray or light colored fur here. Nothing etched in stone or ceramite yet on where to put the fur cape and other parts so I will certainly be trying out your suggestions on the placement ;)

Offline goat64804

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sanguinary Guard
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
Not sure where your from, but here in the mid west coyotes are plentiful. They are super easy to skin and tan also. not to mention all the cool bones and skulls you get with them. And they are one of the easiest animals to hunt. It might be worth looking into for the best natural fur.
Even in Death, I serve!

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Unfortunately,  where I'm from,  no access to natural furs so just faux, and even that presents very limited choices :/ hence, making the most of what I got.

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2015, 03:11:39 AM »
Violent I have been saying for awhile now we have enough Space Wolves around that we need to get a pack photo shoot together of all of us representing the Wolves of Fenris!!! Prev has some great suggestions on fur color and placement. My brothers fur loin cloth went over the ass armor (hahaha) that he wanted and looked to me correct. If you could get some more length on the cape that would be great, if not I would cover the backpack with it instead like a drape. Your armor is looking killer and cant wait to see more!!!
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2015, 06:00:56 AM »
Yeah, let's have that Space Wolves pack photo done! We have to, hehe.
For my fur cape and loincloth, I'll do some tests and get you guys to look at it again for suggestions.

For now, got some polymer clay to sculpt a helmet ornament...

Will be baking it in awhile, to be painted this weekend.

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:59 AM »
The skull is looks great!! A nice sculpt wolf brother!!

Ernest Hemingway

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »
Thank you, brother. Here's the finished product, mounted on the helmet.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »
Started work on a powerfist.
I also plan on attaching retractable glowing lightning claws soon.

Had to use Henrik's photo guides  since I don't have a 3d printer like Sylgian (tho I did buy his STL's).

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
Here's what the backpack looks like...still pending wash, weathering and battle damage paint.

Currently having issues with the backpack dragging back the torso. I think I'll be reinforcing the inside of the torso so it does slide back on my shoulders.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:49 AM »
Wow, it's been awhile since I logged in! I've finished this suit for some years now. Will post pics just to *close* this thread for StormClad :)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »
Here's the Powerfist, with the Wolf's head...notice the bolt pistol in the background...

I went with the marionette fingers...

But eventually, I went with having a different finger mechanism for quicker, tighter response...

And also the claws...will just be part of phase 2...

Then had to make the Bolt Pistol using MDF board as handle...

I had to make an opening in the gloves so that the handle support goes into the forearm...

Helmet electronics and lenses. I used transparent protective glasses as the eyes, then spray-on tint and painted on some layers of acrylic transparent Red...

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad

gfxgfx
gfx gfx