gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49303 Posts in 2558 Topics by 5347 Members - Latest Member: christoffen November 17, 2019, 03:19:41 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Space Wolf named StormClad  (Read 17005 times)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • White Scars Primaris Lieutenant
Re: A Space Wolf named StormClad
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 06:37:25 AM »
Torso done with gold trim.  Here's all the dried up parts so far.

Waiting for the arms to dry up. Should be done with that later and will include in the pic. I may have to resume painting next weekend when I get the time. All the gray here is primer gray only.  By then,  I will have the proper gray base coat mixed.
"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'
All emperors are liars." - Jaghatai Khan

Offline MLanteigne

• Initiate
  • :
  • FNG
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »
I really like the cuts and nicks in the pauldrons...looks thoroughly battle damaged.
<Insert Signature Here>

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2015, 06:33:53 PM »
Thanks,  and with a little weathering / paint chipping,  I plan to make it look more convincing.  But that's for the next weekend.  :(
"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 06:47:58 AM »
Progress so far... Finishing up the abdomen painting... Will have gold on the wolf skull and black leather for the belt

Decided to make adjustments on my stilts too... Pics to follow

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 06:49:07 AM »
Oh and yes this isn't the base coat grey,  it's still the primer...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
Here 's what my LCD monitor brackets look like, fastened into the shoulders to hold up the pauldrons.

Note that I didn't put in the nuts and bolts in the lower bracket as I just put it in its place for the photo shoot.

Offline Rraijjar

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 02:43:24 AM »
looks super sturdy :) and it looks great as well 8)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:32 AM »
Thanks,  brother.  It is sturdy and the bolt can be adjusted on how much movement you want - like very loose or unmoving.  Only issue is    it's a pain to install by my servitors once I've worn the torso.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 11:28:43 PM »
Very small update...

Painted the belt buckle gold and black and the belt itself will be wrapped in black leatherette.

I redid my boots to accomodate fixes to my PVC stilts,  so that's due for an update this coming weekend.

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »
Love the idea for mounting the shoulders, How are they for mobility? I've got mine strapped up with webbing and buckles at the minute and they restrict my arm movement so I'm going to be looking at modifying them soon
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »
Very moveable... You just have to set them up prior to mounting them whether you want loose movement or a bit rigid.  It far outweighs my old mounting which were just round pegs that did restrict arm movement. Will do a video sometime to show you.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 09:18:29 PM »
Okay, lots of things have happened in the real world that have pulled me off this project... I'm moving to a new,  better job... And while I'm transitioning,  I've had more opportunities to work on StormClad again.
First off,  was finally able to get the best,  closest mix of paint to Citadel's Fenrisian Grey and Russ Grey...
It's Senate Blue and Cottage Blue.  Mixed digitally at the local DIY paint section.
Went on painting everything with Senate Blue as primary coat...

Also finished off my new boots'stilts...

And did the highlights with Cottage Blue...

That's currently where I left off.  Dry-brushing this weekend,  as well as finishing off on the backpack starting with these guys...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 09:22:26 PM »
Still some leather work to be done to the belt,  and also adding fur,  and accessories. Deadline is for May 2015, so before I start my new job in 2 weeks,  all the builds and painting should be finished already!  *crosses fingers*

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:58 PM »
Also,  having these stitched...

Needed help with these as it will take me forever if I had to do it,  as sewing isn't one of my good skills hehe

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:54 PM »
Done with weathering and battle damage... So for the final protective coating,  I tried out Pledge liquid floor wax (aka Future floor polish)...applied via spray gun.  With about 2 coats,  everything's looked out shiny and metallic.

Here are the results...

Painted the backpack wolf heads gold too.  And in the background,  the fur I recently bought..

Currently cutting up this fur for the crotch and ass area...will be posting progress on that soon...

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad

gfxgfx
gfx gfx