gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48492 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3774 Members - Latest Member: TruckerGeek March 26, 2017, 10:46:40 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Space Wolf named StormClad  (Read 9564 times)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
Re: A Space Wolf named StormClad
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 01:43:36 AM »
Hm...looks good...but I think you cutted to much from the shoulders...mine are 3cm shorter in height and this is enough.

You're actually right about that, I had to add about 3 inches, though this came to my benefit as I used the space and additional foam as a detail. Will post pics to show you what I mean, in my next update.

i like the vent modifications on the side of the helmet, It's got me thinking about using the missile launcher variant of the mk 7 now, the one with the two pipes on one side and grilles on the other

Thanks, I've made improvements on it as well so the curves look cleaner. Will post pics soon  :)
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
It's been a busy couple of weeks at work so I've made little progress...but at least I'm done with the rigging.

Long weekend coming up and this is what I'm working on tonight...

Adding speaker grills to the helmet (ears, forehead, vox boxes, mouth openings) - variant to the ears, picked up a pair of kids' drink tumbler lids and I thought they were sturdy enough and had the right size for the holes I made in the sides of the helmet.

Power Axe (finishing 3d modelling)

Backpack - had to buy a new printer to print the templates but had to tweak my unfold of the wolf heads. I was in the process of moving unfolds when I took this screenshot so there are a few pages still unfinished.

Meltagun - finally get to print you out!

More updates after the weekend when I'm done with the above. And rigging photos to come soon. :)
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
Very nice dude, but I think that a Space Wolf should have a twin headed axe.

Like this:

Or a scaled down version of Logan Grimnar's beast:

At the very least, a Space Wolves axe should look brutal. Carry on.
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »

Like this:

Hmm, taken into consideration, brother. Adding an extra blade wouldn't hurt (well, it SHOULD hurt targets)...

Offline rero_design

• Marine
  • :
  • Deathco.
    • Deathco Build
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 03:02:03 PM »

Like this:

Not all but it looks more agressive...:D

Violent, can you send me that backpack-file?

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 01:18:56 AM »
sure, will send it over once i get home tomorrow. Do you want the backpack balls version?

Offline rero_design

• Marine
  • :
  • Deathco.
    • Deathco Build
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »
Yes the balls version will be fine...
thank you...:)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »
Hey rero, sorry have been out on vacation the last couple of days. You still need the pep file?

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 11:59:50 AM »
Putting up old stuff from September here...

Stilts

About 12-13 inches - Used several layers of 15mm foam, with wood supports - partial on the heel, center foot, and vertical front and back.
Had packing foam for the center

I used my old work shoes that I haven't worn since 2007 (used them for about 5 years). They're now reinstated as Dreadnoughts (not yet Venerable, but I hope they last long enough). Screwed them onto wooden platforms supported by the vertical wooden supports, as well as the foam.

I had to redo my pauldrons, as while mounting them onto the torso, I felt they were just too heavy. I may have reinforced them too much inside with thick foam.
I unfolded my own version and used 8mm foam. It looks saggy in the photos as I am still reinforcing it carefully with thick foam inside. I plan on balancing form and weight.

Here's a photo in early October of the partially rigged suit:

The "diaper" is loose here as I didn't secure it yet when the photo was taken. With the advice I got on the thigh straps, I went ahead and did those, too. Next update I'll have the fully rigged (with backpack) suit.

Currently, here's where I've left off:

Pauldrons needed reinforcement, helmet done with the grills (ears, forehead,vox,mouth), backpack partially done.

Backpack's about 60% done - I put in the mesh inside (it's plastic fencing sprayed silver). The wolves' heads will still need smoothing and proper mounting on the backpack.

And yes, I am so itchin' to move on to putting details on each part...just finishing the basics, and I hope this week gives me that opportunity! :)

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
Nice start on the backpack!  That will be an awesome feature when its all done.

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
I agree, i definitely like that backpack, i think it'd look good on earlier marks of armour too
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline Rraijjar

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
Nice progress :) i have to admit, that backpack looks badass!

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »
Djinn made a pretty boss power axe...

Well, after a lot of thought I had to back out of doing the full commission for the suit. My current schedule doesn't really allow me enough time to work on anything major like that, on the days I had time I was too exhausted to get up the motivation to start, so for the time being the full suit is sidelined.

In more positive news, the axe is doonneee!
I mean, more done then it was. I took the whole thing apart and filled it with expanding foam, vastly increasing the durability of the PSU of the box. I also finished rigging up the electronics for the back cables. I will be doing some heraldry on it in the next few days, but this is probably the last time I'll update on this.

A fun project for sure, I hope its new owner likes it as much as I do.

I will still be doing smaller commissions though, weapons mostly I think. Just not stuff I need to pull 12 hours days to get anywhere on =P
I believe I owe Capt a sword.

Sadly it looks like a lot of the picture links are broken, but you should still take a look.
http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=343.0

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 02:40:38 AM »
Djinn made a pretty boss power axe...

Well, after a lot of thought I had to back out of doing the full commission for the suit. My current schedule doesn't really allow me enough time to work on anything major like that, on the days I had time I was too exhausted to get up the motivation to start, so for the time being the full suit is sidelined.

In more positive news, the axe is doonneee!
I mean, more done then it was. I took the whole thing apart and filled it with expanding foam, vastly increasing the durability of the PSU of the box. I also finished rigging up the electronics for the back cables. I will be doing some heraldry on it in the next few days, but this is probably the last time I'll update on this.

A fun project for sure, I hope its new owner likes it as much as I do.

I will still be doing smaller commissions though, weapons mostly I think. Just not stuff I need to pull 12 hours days to get anywhere on =P
I believe I owe Capt a sword.

Sadly it looks like a lot of the picture links are broken, but you should still take a look.
http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=343.0

Thanks, Finn. I saw this a few months back and tried looking for it again. I actually thought about the whole light thing inside and will go ahead with it, but I'll be using transparent acrylic on the "sharp" edges of the axe so that it glows blue with the power field. Actually ran out of foam mats for the 2nd axe head  :-\ I'd need the weekend to buy another sheet. 

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 07:12:41 AM »
done with the backpack build...

I haven't closed the front panel (where the skull is) and the sides of the pack, as I'll be installing the battery pack there and then the ventillation fans up to where the grills are...

Still have to detail the part that's near the back of the helmet but I'll need to scout around for more hose and some doodads for that...
Man, the backpack is heavy, even with a lighter build (thinner foam) like that...it's pulling the torso upwards. Guess I'll have to build the abdomen part this week to stop the pull.

For the pauldrons, added a curved lining and have grills inserted into the inner sides, as well as in the bottom.

This week, aside from the abdomen, I'll be putting in detail on the wolf heads, aand putting in pauldron chapter markings. Will be cutting and tracing these out tonight...

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad

gfxgfx
gfx gfx