gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48544 Posts in 2482 Topics by 4020 Members - Latest Member: Towarzysz August 23, 2017, 02:19:58 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Space Wolf named StormClad  (Read 10618 times)

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
A Space Wolf named StormClad
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »

Yes, the end-product should look something like that, hopefully :D

And while waiting for free time to actually work on this to come, did some sketches.

July 27, 2013.

Started with the helmet:

August 10, 2013.

Took me awhile to find free time to start on this again. Went out to the local shoe supply store to get this:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:47:03 AM by kaiwanxiao »
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Ended up with lots of paper patterns to store neatly (neatly?! Yeah right).

August 11, 2013.

Proceeding as desperately wanted!

Again, never forget to cut or bevel angles when necessary. The torso had plenty of these:

August 12, 2013.

First pauldron done! Retiring for the night. Whew.

August 13, 2013.

Woke up to this!

Side view:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:47:43 AM by kaiwanxiao »
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »

Will update again next post or when I get the time to work on this again
 ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:48:10 AM by kaiwanxiao »

Offline larkin

• Honor Guard
  • :
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
great starting . looks really good
I love space wolfes

Offline Erus

• Skjald
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • CLEAR!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
It's... So... ORGANIZED!!!!

Helluva start man, you set the bar /high/... How is that 15mm working for you? I would have never though to check a shoe supply store! I know an apprenticed cobbler, so maybe this will be my solution!

We have a bloodclaw, several Grey Hunters, and a Wolf Guard, and when i'm done there'll be a Wolf Priest... We're getting a regular Pack! We need a :beer: emoticon!!!
Trauma Junkie - It's not that I *want* you to get hurt... I just want to be there when you do...

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Nice progress dude. I might have to steal your spreadsheet for my (eventual) build...
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
I love space wolfes

And we space wolves love you as well, bro!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

It's... So... ORGANIZED!!!! Helluva start man, you set the bar /high/... How is that 15mm working for you? I would have never though to check a shoe supply store! I know an apprenticed cobbler, so maybe this will be my solution! We have a bloodclaw, several Grey Hunters, and a Wolf Guard, and when i'm done there'll be a Wolf Priest... We're getting a regular Pack! We need a :beer: emoticon!!!

Cheers on that, brother! It's great that you did your Wolf Priest, the pack needs you greatly.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />

The 15mm is alright. I thought it would be too thick to shape and cut, but really, it just needs to be guided into shape and is like butter to a knife when you use a sharp Xacto knife.

Nice progress dude. I might have to steal your spreadsheet for my (eventual) build...

Thanks, bro. Sure thing, that's why I shared it so everybody here can use it, too  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />

Offline Erus

• Skjald
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • CLEAR!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
Also, HOLY SKETCH BAT-MAN!!

I envy people wiv the skillz for the drawings.
Trauma Junkie - It's not that I *want* you to get hurt... I just want to be there when you do...

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:48:56 AM by kaiwanxiao »

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 04:17:00 AM »

Done gluing and assembling everything by 12 midnight. This done amidst a shower of chores in the house, so yeah, managed production pretty well today. ;)

Was also able to dig these up while looking for aluminium tubes for the stand:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:49:16 AM by kaiwanxiao »

Offline space-clown

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Looking good. Interested to see how the grill turns out as i haven't done mine yet.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »
Looking good. Interested to see how the grill turns out as i haven't done mine yet.

Yeah, I'm keen on getting to the grills too, but I'm still doing metal work for the rigging. I'll be posting progress on the stilts soon.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
Re: A Space Wolf named StormClad
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:53 AM »
All fine now, thanks to our Mod Squad  ;)

Well, just when I wanted to post an update, it seems that my thread has been demolished by the Forums migration  :-\

Any Mods can check on this please? Tho I did already report this, just hope I can get word on how to go about this or start from scratch?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:04:59 AM by ViolentDream »

Offline rero_design

• Marine
  • :
  • Deathco.
    • Deathco Build
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
Hm...looks good...but I think you cutted to much from the shoulders...mine are 3cm shorter in height and this is enough.

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »
i like the vent modifications on the side of the helmet, It's got me thinking about using the missile launcher variant of the mk 7 now, the one with the two pipes on one side and grilles on the other

Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  A Space Wolf named StormClad

gfxgfx
gfx gfx