gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49440 Posts in 2562 Topics by 5523 Members - Latest Member: CRoberts March 28, 2020, 04:21:03 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Thorssoli's Vacformed Space Marines
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thorssoli's Vacformed Space Marines  (Read 108411 times)

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Thorssoli's Vacformed Space Marines
« Reply #525 on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:16 AM »
Shawn, what did you use for the lights? LEDs with resister and battery?
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline thorssoli

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #526 on: July 27, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
The lights in the picture were a couple of segments cut from an LED strip like this one: http://amzn.to/1prL3Ai

These strips can be cut into segments that are pre-wired with 3 LEDs and an appropriate resistor.  They'll run off of a battery anywhere from 9V to 14V.

At some point, I'll probably end up re-doing the lighting with just one LED on each side and one resistor for the pair, but I'm in no rush.

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #527 on: May 01, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »
Hi Shawn,

I was wondering what you were using for the suction on you vac table. I have been crunching the numbers and for what the commercial outfit wants to charge me, it looks like it would be more effective to build my own table. The table is not hard to build, it is estimating the size of the motor to use to pump air. Any suggestions/thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:26:32 PM by Gunhead »
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline thorssoli

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2015, 04:50:53 AM »
Hi Shawn,

I was wondering what you were using for the suction on you vac table. I have been crunching the numbers and for what the commercial outfit wants to charge me, it looks like it would be more effective to build my own table. The table is not hard to build, it is estimating the size of the motor to use to pump air. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Sorry for not replying sooner.  I haven't been on the forums much lately. 

For my table I have two different vacuum sources.  The first is my shop vac.  That evacuates a lot of volume fast, but doesn't generate a very high vacuum.  Once that's done I switch over to the high vacuum side which is driven by a small vacuum pump designed for servicing automotive A/C systems like this one: http://amzn.to/1IWQruR

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Thorssoli's Vacformed Space Marines

gfxgfx
gfx gfx