gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49440 Posts in 2562 Topics by 5523 Members - Latest Member: CRoberts March 28, 2020, 04:41:28 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  How do YOU Assemble Your Elbows?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do YOU Assemble Your Elbows?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline therring

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
How do YOU Assemble Your Elbows?
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
The Pepakura file I have (Pilerud's) has the inner elbow as a solid unit, making it so that the arm does not bend at the elbow.  I'd like a bit of freedom, so am wondering, how exactly did you guys assemble your elbow joints?  I've seen a nut/bolt option with spaces to spread out the pressure and have bought that setup, but will be assembling it all this weekend and am curious as to how you guys did yours...

Additionally, did you guys fill your helmets in with foam to make it fit better, or just let it sit on your heads, or some sort of belting solution?

Thanks for any and all responses!

Offline shsims

• Marine
  • :
Re: How do YOU Assemble Your Elbows?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:30 PM »
My elbows are mounted through bisept and forarm using 1/4 in nuts, bolts and washers. I hotglued bolts to elbow and then drilled holes on the bisepts and forarms with nuts and washers holding them together (sorry no pics to show at momment) that way the whole elbow moves with you. And heres another thought, being you hardly see bisept anyway, dont use it. If you use vent ducking like I did at elbow, just use a longer pc attached at shoulder. seems it might make for better arm movement. will probly mod mine as soon as i get more duct tubing
in referance to helm you will see in this pic
I just made an inside frame like in a hard hat out of foam, works good

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »

this is the only photo i could find that shows my elbow clearly, i used some carriage bolts through the ends of the elbow section and drilled one through the bicep and one through the forearm so four bolts in total, it gives good movement and allows the arms to lock straight too. The soft armour joint is going to be the pvc ducting
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline budaboy

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »
what kind of voice thingy you using???
for your vox???
and were could i find one ????

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  How do YOU Assemble Your Elbows?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx