gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49758 Posts in 2585 Topics by 6082 Members - Latest Member: FurysSIN January 20, 2022, 09:27:09 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templar Sword Brethern
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black Templar Sword Brethern  (Read 4646 times)

Offline LadyDrakas

• Initiate
  • :
Black Templar Sword Brethern
« on: July 12, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Hello there!  I'm new, and posted pics of my tech-priest down in the costume gallery!  Link here!  And I mentioned that I was planning a marine build, so here's my thread!

First off, I'd like to point out that I'm female, and I'm only 5'4" and I have zero interest in making an 8 foot tall monstrosity to tromp around in. And I want to be able to actually move and use my own feet and hands.  So I'm going to make what I'm calling a 'minimarine."  Six foot is probably my max height, minus my ridiculous crest and whatnot, which you'll see below.  Let's just all pretend that I'm not a girl inside all that one it's done!  And if I don't talk much, no one will have any idea anyways, lol.  And no, don't go tell me to make a sister costume.  No interest in wearing a corset and tight leather pants!  Did that enough for renaissance faire for years and years.  I wanna tourtue myself by boiling alive inside a foam sheet!  Plus, it's a huge challenge for me.  I've done costuming for years, and recently started competing, and I've not tried armor, and I have such a stupid itch to do this, and I'm finally starting after about a year of considering.

So I'm going to make a Black Templar Sword Brethren.  Because they have tunics, I have a huge BT army, and I love how they smack stuff with swords rather then guns.  Which is my general tactic in any game I play.  And a sword brethren because of all the bling they have!  Yes yes, Chaos has lots of bling too, but nope, I'm steadfastly for the Emperor.  Sorry!  And yes, Dark Angels have tunics too, but I'm not a huge fan of them.  Templars have always been my favorite, although Storm Wardens are a very close second.  My Stormie scouts all have kilts, and I have a bagpiper in scout armor.  Anywho...

I'm doing my build out of EVA foam, using Henrik's method.  I'm going this route because firstly, I live in an apartment with nowhere I can really do resin and bondo (I have birds so inside with windows open is not okay for them), and secondly I am trying to keep this lightweight as I'm a smallish girl.  That, and I have most of the tools I would need to do a foam build including a hot knife and a stupidly awesome hot glue gun.  And I'm in Ohio, so the heat and worry about seams melting isn't too much of a concern except in July/August.  

So here's a kinda crapy put together version of what I'm doing:

Pretend the crest is complete.  Ran out of room on my page and was too lazy to change it in the computer.  The big covered arm thing is going to be a cape.  I don't think I'l actually have a bolter, although I probably will eventually.  Complete with chains and whatnot (the lazily drawn line - pretend those are chains!).  Probably going to have a chainsword and bolt pistol, like the GW sword brethren minis.  Tunic and fully lined cape are going to be nice heavyweight stuff, not crappy lightweight stuff some folks use that I've seen.  I'm going to have a higher collar, like a lot of the templar upgrade kit chest pieces have.  There's gonna be tons of nuts and bolts and chains and all sorts of bling.  Because I don't make costumes, I make stupidly over-detailed costumes, which in my opinion sets them apart from everyone else.  Gonna have a huuuge long sword belt, with ammo pouches, grenades, random lanterns, and purity seals all over it.  I found a glorious templar belt buckle on ebay, which works since I'm doing it my size rather then giant.  My helmet is going to have one of those funky Cato Sicarius crest things, simply because I love them, and I really want to make one.  Canon?  Nope, but that's okay!  Ohh, and veteran laurels, cause why not?

I'm channeling a lot from the the GW Sword Brethren set, along with some really cool concept art for the Templars I found a while back.

Obviously the finished piece will look more akin with these guys then the kinda crappy 5min sketch I did.  Really looking forward to start woking on these!  

The spot I'm stuck in right now is figuring out the scale.  I've been watching youtube videos on how to scale stuff, but I'm still a bit lost.  Really new to this pepukura stuff.  If there's some build hidden out there for someone about 5'5" or a big bigger, let me know!  I could use some help!

Thanks guys  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Ronan

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Check out these threads.

They helped me figure out how to size things a bit, may take a few tries.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusad...?showtopic=1725
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusad...owtopic=813&hl=

Offline Fragment

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Nice a  Weapon Brother [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
Best of luck for the build. I look forward to seeing some progress on this. I have always liked the look of the Sword Brethren models. Very cool.
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline Cole45

• Marine
  • :
    • http://www.khaaan.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
There's a link for a bunch of armour designed for a person 5'6" that Shikascott resized from Shiney's files in the Space Marine Pepakura Master File List thread. I made a suit up out of it, and all stacked up, it's roughly six feet.

Offline LadyDrakas

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Oh yes, thank you for that link for the smaller marine!  That is perfect!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »
This looks like an ambitious build, but based on your tech priest I think you will rock it!  I made my marine on a smaller scale to be nice and mobile, and I am 6 foot.  I also custom scaled it to fit a human, so it is more slender then the other marines.  Feel free to check it out, the link is in my signature.

Offline LadyDrakas

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 03:38:00 AM »
Quote from: CLOTHAR date=1373760780
This looks like an ambitious build, but based on your tech priest I think you will rock it!  I made my marine on a smaller scale to be nice and mobile, and I am 6 foot.  I also custom scaled it to fit a human, so it is more slender then the other marines.  Feel free to check it out, the link is in my signature.
Yeah, it's ambitious, but I really need a good challenge.  I love big crazy projects, and this is just the sort of thing I'm interested in doing.

And yeah, I saw your build last night.  I'm going to fiddle with doing proportions the way you did yours.  Since I'm on a smaller frame, I feel like I'll have to fiddle with the proportions a lot.  Thanks for the tutorial on that btw!  Never really fiddled with 3D stuff, but hey, I learned how to do electronics in a few days to do my tech-priest stuff.  May as well learn 3d too!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
Awesome.  I self taught myself (with some help from the internet), and it has been super helpful.  Best of luck with the build!

Offline kaiwanxiao

• 3d Coy Master, Dark Angels
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »
Good luck with your build! Will be following along. Nobody here will give you any flak for being a female Space Marine.

Offline Cole45

• Marine
  • :
    • http://www.khaaan.com/
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
Quote from: LadyDrakas date=1373746020
Oh yes, thank you for that link for the smaller marine!  That is perfect!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />
No problem! Just one fair warning, though: the belt for the space diaper isn't attached, like in the 850 version that Shiney fixed. Shikascott said he would do it when he had the time, but that was a while ago, haha. Good luck!

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • White Scars Primaris Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 05:41:00 AM »
Good luck with this! I was also considering going the BT Sword Brethren path because of the overall impact that it possesses...hope you can resize everything well, and those details you're planning....daayuuummm   [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />
"There is only one unforgivable lie. That is the lie that says, 'This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, 'the world is safe.'
All emperors are liars." - Jaghatai Khan

Offline humakt

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
While templars are not my favoured chapter I do really like them (especially as they are decended from my favourite marines the Imperial FIsts).

I look forward to seeing your progress. My height is one of the reasons I will not do a Marine suit for myself. Being 5' 5" I have opted for a xenos buld (although I think the proportions will still be a little wrong).

Best of luck.

Offline jaytatz

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Black Templar Sword Brethern
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Hey did you have any luck resizing the 850 scale to make a 6 foot tall SM?  If so, I'd like to hear how you did this.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
Re: Black Templar Sword Brethern
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »
Any progress on this?
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templar Sword Brethern

gfxgfx
gfx gfx