gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3783 Members - Latest Member: RagnarWolfStar March 30, 2017, 04:52:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Pretorian
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pretorian  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Pretorian
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 03:31:03 AM »
The Uniform returned from the tailor... but it is not complete.... in fact, he never even touched it! One excuse after another- and an awful lot of procrastination! What's more- he lost 8 of my vintage buttons for the cuffs of the tunic. :( I will never return to him. Ever. I collected my uniform a few weeks ago and it hung in my wardrobe for weeks. it seems every time I think I'm doing well, or making progress something gets in the way! It doesn't make it any easier that my job doesn't always lend me free time.

Still, there is a pleasant ending to this tale... After an extended period hanging in my wardrobe doing nothing it has gone away again! This time I have full confidence it will be finished! I know I've said that before- but work has already begun- I've seen the start of what should be an amazing finished product!

Rather than mess about too much with the cuffs of this guards tunic- my new seamstress decided that it would be easier to shorten the sleeves at the shoulder!! Coupled with the fact that we're removing the epaulettes anyway, it seemed to make sense...

The sleeve was turned completely inside out to get to the buttons on the cuff as well as to shorten the red serge as well as the white lining!

It's going to look good!

I should be having a test fitting in a few days... I'll post pics
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:21:31 AM by Capt. »

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 12:48:38 AM »
Well first fitting took place and the uniform tunic is light years from wear it was- but I know it's only a means to an end and in the long term it'll be great! The lining and the sleeves were removed

One sleeve was replaced after shortening and a test from panel was added

It became clear that the panel wasn't wide or straight enough and after fresh measurements and new markings were done

I feel confident the uniform side of things will not be much longer... however it may be a while before final completion... :(

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »
I want to strangle the previous tailor who lost your buttons ARGH However, it looks like your new tailor has things well in hand and is proceeding in a professional manner.

Offline Barn

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
im simply amazed at your attention to detail!

waiting on baited breath for the next update.

Offline jim_rush51

• Marine
  • :
  • Chaplain of Sanguinious
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 07:02:13 AM »
i salute you sir, the lords of terra shall be informed of the amazing work you do in the Emperors name!
Bring me the tainted Sons of Sanguinious and I shall lead them to a glorious victory and a warriors death.

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 07:01:21 AM »
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
The Pretorian has been in work for all this time, but the reason for such long breaks between updates is that I have multiple projects on the go at once... from my "proper job" to my 40k army to other items of clothing/ uniforms being worked on; so, I would like to thank you all for your patience with me on this...

Right, update...

The test panel was replaced after a couple of tests by the final red front. and the fastenings- press studs (or poppers) were attached. These were coated with a red cloth to camouflage them against the tunic. I love them!

A further test fitting was done... to make sure everything fit more or less how it's supposed to! :)

Then one fitting with my blue cloth helmet- just for sh*ts and giggles!

It's still not ready... it's not lined yet, the epaulettes need adding and there's still the insignia to come... The belt buckle, bayonet frog, bayonet, lasgun, white helmet, backpack (optional) are all also in need... but certainly the uniform is coming along.
I hope my next update will include a full uniform shot with trousers and boots included and both helmet types. Watch this space.

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Today's acquisition. :)

Sooon.... :)

Offline Lamia

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 08:42:12 AM »
Did you ... shave off your beard?

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 12:46:59 PM »
?? 

I did...

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
Another piece done...

Just need the bayonet to fit in it now.

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »
I like this build much more than my Mordian, so I've decided to have a rank reversal... The Pretorian will be my new Sergeant, while the Mordian will become a regular Guardsman...
no reason... except I like the Pretorian more... plus it's a little more detailed and a lot more comfortable!

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
My final fitting should be on Thursday... just a few days away. If all goes to plan I'll post new photos of the new Pretorian Sgt. at either the weekend or early next week... after I add some finer details. watch this space.

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »
Well, as I said- it's finished.

I have done a rank reversal and the Pretorian is now my Sgt. while the Mordian is a basic guardsman. It's not too big a deal as it's just the addition (or removal) of an aiguillette. I acquired a white leather belt from my military dealer- a definite improvement over the white plastic belt I originally had.

There are no pictures yet as I still have to do some detailing- namely the collar dogs, the powersword holder and various pouches and a holster... I'll also put up just a few comparison shots...

Still, for all intents and purposes, the uniform is finished... Now it's full steam ahead on my next and last ensemble: The Imperial Navy.

Offline Capt.

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »
One of the things I wanted to improve upon was how the epaulettes fit. The Mordian uniform had a thin strap across the board. I thought a thicker one was better so the Pretorian got the improved version...

With the rank reversal taking place- The Pretorian got the Sergeants aiguillette...

Lastly, I wanted this one to have some collar dogs (as the Mordian doesn't) but I didn't want the Coldstream Guards emblem to be it!!

So the purchase of a Dylon dye pen (basically a marker designed for cloth) and I got started!

A few minutes later and the job was done!

Almost ready for the Collars to be added...

Offline Lamia

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
That looks ridiculously good.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Pretorian

gfxgfx
gfx gfx