gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49641 Posts in 2576 Topics by 5839 Members - Latest Member: The3rdman January 21, 2021, 02:53:23 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  40K fiction recommendations?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40K fiction recommendations?  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
40K fiction recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
Anything by Aaron Dembkski- Bowden! Especially his Night Lords series. I'm not even a traitor fan but that guy knows how to write!!

Offline Aurelius

• Marine
  • :
    • My blog. (Nsfw content)
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
All of it? Though I really like James Swallow's Sister of battle books.
Check out my FB page for more WIP pictures!
https://www.facebook.com/AureliusArmoury

Offline Jew_boii_887

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Beeeehhnnnnblaaaaaade!

Now, in all seriousness "Baneblade" by Guy Haley is a good read if your all for the superheavy tank and Mechanicum stuff. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='happy.gif' />

Offline Scud

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
Never ever read the Dawn Of War books.
Oh my, are they terrible...

Offline SCHRAMB0

• Ultrabrony
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »
I am burning through Hero of the Imperium right now.  Really enjoying Cain but hes TOTALLY different from Gaunt... both are worth reading imo.

Offline SCHRAMB0

• Ultrabrony
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
So I finished Hero and Defender (of the Imperium); conclusion: Ciaphas is pretty cool guy, Jurgen is the shit, and I want some tea.  If they ever make a movie Cameron Diaz needs to play Amberley.

Halfway through Deathwatch, I like it but I'm not exactly thrilled with the way it portrays Ultras.

Offline MacKnight

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
The next HH book will be intressting....
''In the wake of the Dropsite Massacre at Isstvan V, the survivors of the Salamanders Legion searched long and hard for their fallen primarch, but to no avail. Little did they know that while Vulkan might have wished himself dead, he lives still... languishing in a hidden cell for the entertainment of a cruel gaoler, his brother Konrad Curze. Enduring a series of hellish tortures designed to break his body and spirit, Vulkan witnesses the depths of the Night Haunter's depravity, but also discovers something else - a revelation that could change the course of the entire war.''

Oh, Vulkan, Lets go to the Anvil of war...

Offline SCHRAMB0

• Ultrabrony
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:00 AM »
If you are a Space Wolves fan you should read the Emperor's Gift (its technically a Grey Knights novel but it features an Inquisitor from Fenris and a lot of the Wolves).

Offline Erus

• Skjald
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • CLEAR!
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: SCHRAMB0 date=1376308800
If you are a Space Wolves fan you should read the Emperor's Gift (its technically a Grey Knights novel but it features an Inquisitor from Fenris and a lot of the Wolves).

A thousand times this... I have a small working lexicon of Fenrisian just from this novel!!! It may be technically about the GK but I would argue it's honestly 50/50 Gk and SW.. Gives you great insight into each chapter and how it works!
Trauma Junkie - It's not that I *want* you to get hurt... I just want to be there when you do...

Offline LIIVI

• Vindicare Clade
  • Initiate
  • :
    • http://https://www.facebook.com/swordoftheberserk
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 02:46:00 AM »
I second ADB, he is a master of 40K fiction and pretty decent hobbyist too. He is to blame for my bro-romance with Talos Valcoran

Offline MacKnight

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Quote from: LIIVI date=1376376360
I second ADB, he is a master of 40K fiction and pretty decent hobbyist too. He is to blame for my bro-romance with Talos Valcoran
Ave Dominus Nox? [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  40K fiction recommendations?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx