gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49641 Posts in 2576 Topics by 5839 Members - Latest Member: The3rdman January 21, 2021, 02:52:11 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  3D Artists on here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3D Artists on here  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Marine
  • :
3D Artists on here
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:00 AM »
So who are the 3D artists that we have on here? I know this is off topic from Warhammer 40k but with Halo armor a lot has been done except for this which surprises me because it's pretty much Master Chief on steroids. So I'm looking for someone that would be interested in making a 3D model of the armor.

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
I do some 3D modelling, but not sure if I would have the time or skill to take on such a project.  Have you checked the 405th?  They do mostly Halo stuff.

Offline Vagabond

• Marine
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
I know well of the 405th but I've kinda had myself booted from there.

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Bummer.

Offline Dedwrekka

• Initiate
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Vagabond date=1355015160
I know well of the 405th but I've kinda had myself booted from there.
Have you checked out the Replica Props Forum (www.therpf.com)? There's a lot of builds on there. Some of the people may have 3D model files, and I know there's a number of 3D artists.

Offline Vagabond

• Marine
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »
Booted from there as well. Kinda lost my mind a bit a while back and was banned from a few places.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
3D Artists on here
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
What specific files are you after (if any)? I am a member on both, I could do some homework...
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline Vrogy

• W E I R D
  • Marine
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »
Yeah, pissing off the boys' club that is 405th "leadership" is pretty easy. A while back they'd planned to write a Charter, rules for a costume club modeled after the 501st etc. so you could have official charity troops, costume standards, structure, etc... it never happened. I kept bringing it up and was booted.. I no longer build Halo stuff.

Today it's just another forum filled mostly with 13-year-olds and unfinished pep builds. The few adults seem to be clustered in 'prop groups' aka 'local cliques'.

But about the figurine- I'm not a big fan of that style. It's just light bodybuilding with OD and some hard surfaces. If you want to get big, eat and lift! [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />

Offline Vagabond

• Marine
  • :
3D Artists on here
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
No I just like the armor because it has that look of what the Halo 4 armor should have been. Not that pelvis-less abomination that was actually made. As for the 405th they just don't have a clue how to run a forum, and as for respect, none of the staff have it. As for me and why I was banned from there was because a while back when I had a tumor in my head I kinda lost my mind a bit. Well that combined with the fact I have Aspergers. Not looking at it that I had been there since 2007 and finally snapped one day, no they couldn't understand that and ask me if I needed help. Just used that nice ban feature and called it at that.
But as for this I have someone currently modelling the armor for me, and this thread can be closed.

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  3D Artists on here

gfxgfx
gfx gfx