gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49852 Posts in 2593 Topics by 6539 Members - Latest Member: Hotyr_ May 29, 2023, 08:56:01 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial Guard Veteran
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Veteran  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Savayan

• Initiate
  • :
Imperial Guard Veteran
« on: April 11, 2010, 04:36:00 AM »
Okay, so I've had this idea bumping around in my head for quite a while now. As part of my other OTHER absurdly expensive hobby, I've come into the possession of quite a lot of military kit. I've always wanted to do a costume for either Games Day or one of more local Anime and/or Sci Fi conventions.

I've got something like half of the stuff for a costume already. The easy stuff. Combat boots, a full set of camouflage fatigues and, as is required for an Imperial Guard costume, a very nice hat.

But that still leaves the important parts of the costume. Mostly, the armour and the insignia. Now, the insignia I can mostly sort out from here and other places on the internet. But the armour is another thing all together. I want to use the standard Cadia pattern armor, but the only place I've seen them online that even mentions how it was made was from a professional props building company and way out of my price range.

Someone somewhere, I can't for the life of me remember where, suggested cutting up industrial weight plastic garbage cans. Cut off the bottom and the rim, then soak it in hot water and weight it down to get a straight sheet and then cutting the pieces out. But I have no idea whether or not this guy was talking our his rear. Does that sound like an even vaguely plausible plan to anyone here?

Offline scout19d

• Initiate
  • :
Imperial Guard Veteran
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
Garbage cans are a perfectly viable way of doing it. It isn't really thick so if you want to do something like carapace armor I would suggest sintra, aka expanded pvc.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial Guard Veteran

gfxgfx
gfx gfx