gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49050 Posts in 2530 Topics by 4624 Members - Latest Member: TK1072 October 17, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  a little bit of help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: a little bit of help please  (Read 2788 times)

Offline agrinlingskity

• Initiate
  • :
a little bit of help please
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=251...&type=1&ref=nf#

my son with his newspaper mannequin so i don't have to deal with his whining about trying things on

also decided the youngest is going to be Ciapas Cain because I want to put mutton-chops on him.

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Mutton Chops? LOL is that black mail material for when he is older?  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline agrinlingskity

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
So I have found a somewhat kindred spirit on post. She is pepping halo armor so now I have access to be able to pep my sons armor, the only question is how do I scale it down? He is 4' 6"

Offline Voodoo

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: agrinlingskity date=1346000400
So I have found a somewhat kindred spirit on post. She is pepping halo armor so now I have access to be able to pep my sons armor, the only question is how do I scale it down? He is 4' 6"
I believe you need Pepakura Designer, not just viewer, then once you have that (which I as of yet do not have...) you'd have to scale a piece, print and produce it then see if it needs further scaling or if the scale you printed is good, then it's a rinse and repeat with your already figured scale from the first fitted piece.

Offline wookieegunner

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
You will need Pepakura Designer.  If I remember correctly, Shiney's pep files are scaled at 850 for a person 6'2" (74 inches) high.  So you would undo the unfold (there is a button for that) and then click the unfold button (same button).  A menu will pop up.  You need to change the scaling (If I am doing the math right it would be (54*850)/74) to 620.27 and then click ok.  That should scale it roughly correct, but yeah, you might have to do it a couple of times to get it right.

Offline agrinlingskity

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
Awesome thanks guys! Not sure what she has but I am willing to purchase the program if necessary. I will be  going up to her place sometime this week my older two start school tomorrow so  hopefully I will actually be able to get some stuff accomplished!

Offline sandy1973

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
You don't have to pay for the pep designer as long as you write down the scale that you use on any file ( you can't save any change with the free one) and why don't you make your kid's armor in foam? It's fast, light weight and more comfortable to wear.

Offline agrinlingskity

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
The majority of the suit will be of foam. I want to pep the chest so I can get proportions right and I am having some issues getting the shapes that I want
Thanks for the tip  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline agrinlingskity

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
hooray for laptops! mine is working again which means i can print at home....as soon as i have ink.
i am so excited about this build! i just hope it turns out half as well as the suits i see being built by everyone here
oh and we have decided our two year old daughter is going as an eldar farseer so i get to breakout the sewing machine for that. and of course there will be pics [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  a little bit of help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx