gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49083 Posts in 2534 Topics by 4732 Members - Latest Member: That_one_nub December 14, 2018, 08:22:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Hello :D *updated progress* 6/5/14
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello :D *updated progress* 6/5/14  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Aarku

• Initiate
  • :
Hello :D *updated progress* 6/5/14
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:00:00 AM »
*very old intro, I posted down the bottom as a reply* (on a side note, was the introductions always in a sticky up the top... and I posted this in the wrong spot ages ago?)

I'm unsure if I introduced myself or not on this board yet.
I recently discovered pepakura and have been drooling over it ever since, so instead of lurking I decided to sign up to a bunch of sites that contain pepakura and see which ones I like.

My names Michael, I'm from Australia.

So far the only thing I have made with pepakura is a pokemon (Eevee) ... lol
and I found a little Sister of Battle statue file that I am working on.

I'm trying to decide what kind of armour I'd like to make so I've been browsing through coolminiornot to see what I like and I think I'm leaning towards attempting to make a Grey Knight.
So I cut and pasted some images together for the basic look I'm after then showed it to my partner and she thinks we can do it... I however am not as confident in my crafty abilities. lol

I live in a craptastic small industrial town so even if I do eventually finish a suit I doubt I'd have anywhere to actually wear it... lol, GF says I should go grocery shopping in it for the lols.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:58:32 AM by Aarku »

Offline kaiwanxiao

• 3d Coy Master, Dark Angels
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://www.google.com
Hello :D
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Welcome to the board!

Quote from: Aarku date=1331514000
I however am not as confident in my crafty abilities. lol
To quote Downton Abbey: "Don't be defeatist, dear. It's so middle class.

Quote from: Aarku date=1331514000
I live in a craptastic small industrial town so even if I do eventually finish a suit I doubt I'd have anywhere to actually wear it... lol, GF says I should go grocery shopping in it for the lols.
I thought about doing this as a video camera test. Not wearing the whole suit, mind - just the helmet with some sloppy raggedy stuff. Like, wear it sitting on the couch surfing TV, walking the dog (rather, standing there whilst he sniffs a bush or something), standing in the check-out line, reading a magazine, making something to eat at the stove. Mundane boring crap like that. And then overlaying it with slow, sad, piano music. Like this.

Then at the end, some witty catchphrase like "Sapce Marines are lonely when there's no fucking orks to slay!"

Offline MxM

• Waifu of the Imperial Fist
  • Marine
  • :
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
Good luck with that Sister of Battle papercraft, I was trying to make one, failed miserably ;___;
Decided I'd rather do costumes. I did an IRL Sister of Battle instead of a paper one.

Offline nog3

• Foam must die.
  • Marine
  • :
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
High five aussie buddy, whereabouts are you? I'm guessing Northern Queensland or Perth (Shitty industrial town, heh. )

If you need any help locating local versions of the supplies that the americans/europeans feel free to hit me or Shiney or any of the other Aussies up.

Looking forward to seeing your progress, reminds me that I need to post the vacuformed sisters part progress I have.

Offline Aarku

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »

I thought about doing this as a video camera test. Not wearing the whole suit, mind - just the helmet with some sloppy raggedy stuff. Like, wear it sitting on the couch surfing TV, walking the dog (rather, standing there whilst he sniffs a bush or something), standing in the check-out line, reading a magazine, making something to eat at the stove. Mundane boring crap like that. And then overlaying it with slow, sad, piano music. Like this.

[img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' /> Probably the only chance I'd ever get to wear it, so I'd probably end up doing something like this. lol

Good luck with that Sister of Battle papercraft, I was trying to make one, failed miserably ;___;
Decided I'd rather do costumes. I did an IRL Sister of Battle instead of a paper one.

Lol [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />
So far I have made the boot and the backpack lol.. doing it slowly over time, giving a chance for all the glue to take hold. (using a old glue stick.. like the ones I used to use in grade 2)

High five aussie buddy, whereabouts are you? I'm guessing Northern Queensland or Perth (Shitty industrial town, heh. )

Central Queensland - Gladstone. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

If you need any help locating local versions of the supplies that the americans/europeans feel free to hit me or Shiney or any of the other Aussies up.

Cool, will remember that. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

Looking forward to seeing your progress, reminds me that I need to post the vacuformed sisters part progress I have.

Well, I found some grey knight files that look cool, I'm trying my luck at putting it together and using it as a template to get me started.

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:00 AM »
How do. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Aarku

• Initiate
  • :
Re: Hello :D *updated progress*
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Well, I managed to make a helmet then I ran out of cash/time. lol
Now I am back and I have time and cash, this is my progress so far.

The shoulders/helm/diaper/abs have not had a resin layer applied yet but I was happy to finally have it glued together and I wanted to see it all in "one piece".

I've used Shineys body and that Aquilla honour guard helm (man that was hard to put together.)
I'm hoping to tamper around with the body and make it resemble the honour guards armour, I'll see how I go. :P

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Hello :D *updated progress* 6/5/14

gfxgfx
gfx gfx