gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49758 Posts in 2585 Topics by 6082 Members - Latest Member: FurysSIN January 20, 2022, 09:32:22 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Chwbcc's Pep Collection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chwbcc's Pep Collection  (Read 37339 times)

Offline Steelhart

• Marine
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Aquila helm... my head just exploded and I'm gonna need this helmet to hold the pieces together.

Awesome work, can't wait for the unfold. I would love the 850 scale helm. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • www.TheWookieeWorkshop.com
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
I have printed it off at 300mm and I think it is going to be a bit too small.  I will pep it and see how it comes out.

I printed the Mark VII I editted at 300mm and it is about just right and this extends below the neck line so 300 is probably too small.

Stay Tuned

Offline Steelhart

• Marine
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
Staying tuned even more than normal.

Thanks for your work!

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Ok OKAY! You've tuned in enough already! :LOL the unfoldes are in the first thread!

They are scaled to 340 height which should work for most people.  Try it and let me know how it turns out!

[img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

Offline Steelhart

• Marine
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
/dance

Totally going to do that this weekend. I will hopefully get back to you with the results. =D

Update: Those wings are kinda hard... =P Would not recommend for new people to pep.

Also, they tend to curl....

Update 2 : Okay, Wingy/Beaky part is done. The upper portion took some doing, and my fingertips are covered in superglue... but that's done.

I'm exhausted... might finish tomorrow.

Offline Deetoz

• AKA Rogue Trader Marcus Alexander Borean!
  • Honor Guard
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Wouldn't it be better to get the helmet pepped first and then add the wings?

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
IT LOOKS AWESOME SO FAR!!!

I thought that it would be easier to pep the helm and then the wings but the helm is the easy part.  it went together in like 10 minutes,

These wings are kicking my tail!!

I already see things I ned to correct in the 3d file.

The first is because the faces are flipped the helm fold likes are opposite of the wing of the fold lines.

Also there is a dent in the back of the left side of the helm that isn't in the file but is in the Print out of Pepakura.  There must be a face/Edge problem in the .obj that has to be fixed.

I am also going to make the inside seams in the wings a lot less dramatic. The look good but they are hard as hell to pep.

And you're right they curl as you pep them, so I took a piece of masking tape and taped the tops together to make them flat.

This mold is possible but I know I can make it better!

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Steel hart, nice old school droid. Is that the 1st gen?
I still have mine but it's now acting all wonky and I fear it will have to be upgraded.

Also, the pep looks great!

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
ok got mine finished this morning It's a beast!!!

I am very proud of this piece but I have no idea how to clean it up once I get the rondo in it.

I will head to the store for some more supplies and hopefully later tonight I will have one hard Aquila Helm sitting on my desk!

Steel what do you think so far?

Check out some pics below:

Offline Captain Arcturus - 2nd Company

• Captain Arcturus, Second Company Ultramarine
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
The helm and the pep job looks AMAZING!! the only problem I have with this and its nothing to do with the file or the hard work building it. Its just the helm in general and is the reason I don't want to build it.  It just isn't right in my opinion.  It would be easy to add is some colorful paint and make it look like a real bird head and then your left with some futuristic Mayan eagle warrior helmet. Lol.  All jokes aside its really awesome chewie you sis really good.

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
That is remarkable!! Truly, most excellent work.

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
Thank capt. I'm in the garage
Rondoing it right now.  It looks amazing!  I am really happy with this piece. I may just wearing the same suit each day and change helms at the rate I am going! Lol

I'll have photo later after I hat cleaned up an start some if my honey-do projects!!!

Offline Steelhart

• Marine
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
@Finn - It looks like a 1st gen, but it is, in fact, a Droid 2. Do you have the insurance on it? If so, you can probably get it replaced under warranty if, let's say, one of your keys doesn't work? That's what happened to my Droid, and they gave me a Droid 2. But that was 1.5 years ago, so they might give you a Droid 3.

@chwbcc - You're right, those wings are tough... but I was lazy and slept till 1130 this morning and have projects to do.

I AM impressed that you did that all with masking tape again, I've got chunks of superglue all over my fingertips.

And yeah, it would be easier to pep the helm then the wings, but I wanted to do the part I hadn't done before. =P

I look forward to Rondoing this, but i think that my "failure" helmet will be the test subject for that.

And about the folds being less dramatic? Would make it easier to not only Pep, but also to glass and bondo, as there isn't a huge ridge in there...

Addendum: Chwbcc... I just love looking at all the stuff you have on that deskspace... TNG Deck Builder, Glass Chess Set, Innistrad Fat Pack, to name a few... [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline chwbcc

• Imagineer
  • Company Champion
  • :
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
LOL, I rondo'd the entire piece this morning.  I don't think you could sucessfully glass this without a lot of holes.

Yeah my desk is my life! I do a little bit of everything. Did you happen to see the GiJoe Collection in the back corner?  I think I have everything that is important to me in my office except my book collection which sits in our Living room/Library. Azimov, Eddings, Black Library, and my extensive colledtion of RPG and programming books. LOL I probably have enough Merch to open my own gameshop!

After looking at the scale of this piece it is perfectly matched to my Beakie.  I thought it was going to be too big but I think it is going to be perfect once I get the shoulders pep'd to compare it.

Rondo is easy, after you pour your first batch you are never going to do anything else again.  That is until you start using Smooth Cast materials which are out of my price range right now.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
Chwbcc's Pep Collection
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Outstanding job on the helmet pep Chewie! Hell yeah...
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Chwbcc's Pep Collection

gfxgfx
gfx gfx