gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48544 Posts in 2482 Topics by 4014 Members - Latest Member: Invicta August 18, 2017, 08:37:40 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Introductions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 68526 times)

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Introductions
« Reply #855 on: November 20, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
Wow, a lot of new faces since last I looked. Welcome everyone new to the forums! Let's see what you can do.

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline Helwen

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #856 on: December 08, 2014, 12:12:49 PM »
Hi all,

First day looking around the site; simply amazing!   It's been fascinating reading some of the backstory for the WH40K universe too, like the story of the god emperor for instance.

I'm from the East coast of the U.S., older person but just went to my first Dragon Con this past summer. Seeing all the amazing people there, very inspirational.

I'm looking to do a rogue trader, and see that most of the exemplars here aren't in armor.  I'd like to do a costume based on the WH40K character Lady Sun Lee, captain of the Nihontu, but the only pic of her I've found shows her wearing armor.  Is it that unusual for rogue traders to wear armor?

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #857 on: December 08, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Welcome, Helwen ;)

Offline mrbean

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #858 on: January 12, 2015, 04:51:41 AM »
hey hey ime mr bean ;) yep honestly
ime 41 ...i think
ive been star wars costuming as lord vader for about 5 years and wanted to do a space marine ever since the inquisition video gw did way back , but talking to someone at games day £500 for a helmet and about £2,000 for a suit was way out , im a big time collector of gw minis haveing several large armys although i havent played since 4th edition , ime 3/4 the way through building a wolf guard atm and hoping it will all be finished by the end of febuary , big cudos to mr pilerud for setting up this site and putting the plans up   as  i wouldnt of had a clue were to start without it :D   

Offline CrusaderWulf89

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »
Another forum, another introduction.
:)
Greetings squires, just dropping this so I don't seem like a total lurker.
(Which I guess I am, heck, I've lurked since the old days on the old forum.)
Finally signed up as I've started my first of hopefully many 40K builds.
I am keeping the majority of the first rather hush-hush currently though, mainly as I work on trying to understand how my new camera works.
I hope to start a WIP thread soon though, but until then, a fine forum you have here!

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #860 on: January 31, 2015, 05:24:35 PM »
Welcome to all of the new people!
Can't wait to see what you come up with

Offline Erikonil

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
    • Chittersqueek: Skaven and Space Marines
« Reply #861 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
Name: Jen aka Erikonil on all other web haunts
Army: Space Marines (for now  8) )
Costumes: 2nd Doctor, CATS (yes the musical), various animes and numerous fantasy LARP characters.
Outside Interests: Pen and paper RPG, video games (Fallout and Dishonored are faves), cycling, weight training, hiking, museum hopping and just starting to get into WH40K/Fantasy on the table....so many tiny marines...

Wandering into my local game store to find some rat men figures for my D&D game led to me picking up some Skaven and falling into 40K by way of Fantasy. My sister and I have really been getting into the lore and are determined to get some Space Marine representation at some of the mid Atlantic cons.

I've been blown away by the positive vibe on this forum and applaud the amazing costumes I've been seeing here. Looking forward to joining the ranks!

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #862 on: April 21, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »
Welcome!

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline Prophetbunny

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #863 on: May 30, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »
Well hey there everybody! New guy here; let's see if I can fill in some gaps!

Name: Finn
Alternate handles: Prophetbunny(Steam, XBL, most forums)
Other boards: None active. Facebook, I suppose
Army: Chaos Space Marines. Lotta Khorne and Nurgle, with some other guys tagging along.
Costumes: Chaos Cultist(affiliated with the Iron Warriors; shown below. That emblem on the shoulder has been removed and I'm going to paint a bigger one there.) Also working on a Sith.

Outside Interests: Reading, writing, lightsaber combat(just starting), certain shooters(Planetside, Borderlands 2, GoW3), RTS games, kilts,

Offline terraform

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #864 on: June 30, 2015, 03:33:10 PM »
Hello everyone!  I've been lurking for a bit and getting some inspiration as I started working on my first 40K costume, but I decided to go ahead and introduce myself.  Hopefully I'll see some of you at Dragon Con!

Name: Tara
Alternate handles:
Other boards:
Army: Used to be Witch Hunters, but I haven't played for some time
Costumes: Working on a SoB right now, lots of other non-40K costumes
Outside Interests: Costuming, reading, board games, comics, dancing

Offline Lerc

• Initiate
  • :
  • Lupercal!
    • LerCreations
« Reply #865 on: July 13, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »
Hello there!

Stumbled upon this forum and just wanted to say hi

Name: Kev
Alternate handles: Lerc
Army: Luna Wolves
Costumes: New to the 'scene' so I have no complete costume yet. I have built a couple of items so far. One being a Spacemarine helmet and one being a Predator. I have played around with a few pep files and been practicing quite a bit. My plan is to build full scale Spacemarine
Outside Interests: Computers, gaming, DIY, sculpting just to name a few

*I'm aware this is Blood Raven and not Luna Wolves, Ha! The full costume will be Luna Wolves
**If I don't change my mind, again.
"Yup... that was hot."

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #866 on: July 13, 2015, 09:14:15 PM »
Welcome to the new faces. glad you are here!

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #867 on: August 08, 2015, 08:14:44 PM »
Name: Douglas
Alternate handles: Drakmar
Other boards: Facebook, ENWorld.
Army: Space Marine - White Scars
Costumes: None yet.  Getting prepared to build a White Scars SM.
Outside Interests: Reading, XCOM, Hung Kuen Kung Fu

Offline haplo22

• Initiate
  • :
  • "Into the fires of battle, unto the Anvil of War!"
« Reply #868 on: October 01, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
Hello All!
My name is Alex, a.k.a. Haplo22. I have been going strong on the entire 40k thing for nearly 10 years now and have loved every minute of it! I Started the table top game with a single Necron unit and quickly fell in love with everything that is Space Marine. Flash forward to today, and I am happy to say I have just over 3 full companies worth of Battle Brothers with my eventual goal being to claim the proud (and overly obsessed) ownership of an entire chapter. Sadly though, my Necrons are only a single Mega Force worth of awesomeness... they too will be legion by the time I am done =).

My current project is to (finally) build my own suit of Power Armor. My friends and I have been working on our suits for about a month (Saturdays mostly) and so far have our helmets built-ish; and we are hoping to be ready for our first Con this coming May. At the rate we are going, it all seems possible. Our progress would not be anywhere near this great without the fantastic resources available from this site. So most definitely thank you to everyone who has provided the pep files!

Offline BlitzkriegFox

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #869 on: October 03, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »
Name: Ethan
Alternate handles: zorah999 ( Deviantart )
Other boards: Bolter and Chainsword, Black Library forums,
Army: Blood Ravens 7th Company, Death Korps of Krieg 16th Support Reg.
Costumes: Death Korp of krieg heavy weapons crew member, Ghost Recon rifleman ( will be complete for October mcm Sat-Sun )
Outside Interests: Re-enacting ( second world war ), drawing ( Manga ), MMORPG's ( Tera Online, LORTO )

i would like to apologise i have no pictures of my death korp of krieg kit, and many parts of it have been sold ( Stahlhelm, Fieldgear ) so i will be unable to post any images though i was at last years october mcm on friday, so if you took a picture and think it might be me, send it to me and i shall do my best to confirm it
I serve the Emporer today, in the hope i will be by his side tomorrow. - Unknown

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Introductions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx